- July 21st, 2008
- Write comment
Generic Host Process Error Fix
Some users have already met the Generic Host Process Error. The main sign of it is the appearance of this message about the error:
“Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Debug Send error Report Don’t Send”
The Generic Host Process Error can appear right after the network connect or after awhile it. If you click “don’t send”, the connect stops working and practically become hung – you even cannot disable it. Only the reboot can help. The temporary solution is to move this window aside and go on working. It may give you some time to save the files you are working at. After that the connect will hung up anyway.
The reasons of Generic Host Process Error can be different. The Generic Host Process is responsible for Network Connections and so the reasons can be:
- 1. The attacks of computer hackers. Using the vulnerability of this service, the trespassers try to penetrate the system in most cases to infect your computer.
- 2. Some viruses. More often than not they are Trojans, trying to get the Internet access.
- 3. Some computer hardware.
There is a variety of the solutions of Generic Host Process Error problem, but they are pointed at the safeguarding of one of the aspects.
1. Update your system. Here the necessary updates are:
But the most right way is to install Service Pack 3.
2. Scan your computer for viruses. Often in that case you deal with a Trojan, so Trojan Remover can help you.
3. It is very useful to close firewall local ports, which the trespassers try to connect to. Often they are 445 and 139 ports.
4. And finally, for the solution of Generic Host Process Error on a single computer without connection with other computers (without local network) you can do the following:
- 1. Press the combination Microsoft+R, type the command msconfig in the open field and click OK.
- 2. In the opened window choose Services, find Server and Workstation and remove their ticks. Then click OK and reboot your computer.
- 3. In the opened window put the tick and click OK.
These actions will not have any harmful impact on the system work of your computer.